We the people of God of the Parish of St. Mary, Chelsea,
are a faith community guided by the Holy Spirit,
Christ made present in our time and place.
As the visible Body of Christ we are called to make God's light shine
through us in love, in service, in worship, in celebration,
in education, in guidance and in healing.
“I have proclaimed an Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy as a special time for the Church,
a time when the witness of believers might grow stronger and more effective.”
- Pope Francis, Misericordiae Vultus
- Vacation Bible School 2016 "EVEREST: Conquering Challenges with God's Mighty Power" welcomes children from 4 years old to those in 7th grade. August 1st ~ 5th, sign up in the Gathering Space or click on the VBS tab for registration forms. We need many volunteers to make this week happen, please consider helping.
- Installation of State Officers of the Knights of Columbus ~ Bishop Boyea will preside at Mass on Saturday, August 27 at 4:30pm to install the State Officers of the Knights of Columbus, including our Pastor as the new State Chaplain. Ken Unterbrink of our parish has been elected State Deputy for the next two years. All are welcome to attend, realizing that there will be over 400 Knights and their wives present at what will be the usual parish Saturday 4:30pm Mass.
- CROSS of MERCY is in the Gathering Space. Small slips of paper are provided for you to share your expressions of mercy to others or how mercy has been extended to you. After writing it down, you can roll it up, tie it with a ribbon, and place it in the cross. You may do this as often as you like. Our goal is to fill this cross with your “Mercy Moments” and to share these stories with others.
- Join the Novena for the Persecuted Church & Religious Freedom visit http://www.praymorenovenas.com/novena-for-persecuted-church-and-religious-freedom and start praying now.
About St. Mary
St. Mary Parish is a vibrant faith community located in the southeastern Michigan City of Chelsea. The city proper has a population of approximately 4500. The immediate area, roughly comprised by the 120 square mile school district, has over 16,500 residents. In 2016, there are 1155 families registered at St. Mary Parish.
Sunday 8:00AM & 10:00AM
Daily Mass 9:00AM
Mass at Chelsea Community Hospital
on Wednesday 4:00PM
Confessions: Saturday Noon - 1:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursday 9:00AM until Friday 9:00AM
14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118-1124
Office 734.475.7561 Fax 734.475.3207