- Next weekend we will celebrate Labor Day weekend with our own little “Bridge Walk” across the pond in the Garden of Peace. Come over after Mass to symbolically walk across “the bridge” and receive your certificate and taffy.
- Fair Week is upon us. Where did the summer go? The Knights will have their annual chicken broil across from the Fairgrounds this coming Saturday from 11AM -2 PM. Come and purchase a chicken dinner which will support their many charities! They also will be at the fair with Bingo.
Simple and Tasty: This year’s Parish Picnic will be on Sunday, September 13 following the 10:00 AM Mass. Treat it like a big lunch! The parish will provide everything. You are not required to bring food as in the past. Just come after Mass and enjoy!
- Celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the death of St. Louis Guanella: On Saturday, September 19 at the 4:30 PM Mass there will be a special celebration honoring St. Louis Guanella, founder of the Servants of Charity. In attendance will be our bishop, the Superior General of the Order from Rome, the local Provincial of the Order, St. Louis priests, along with me, who by sheer coincidence celebrate the reception of Medicare and a myriad of retirement possibilities that very day! A dinner in the hall will follow the Mass, and if you wish to attend that meal, please call St. Louis Center, so that they can provide the required food for all the guests. There is no need to call if you are only attending the 4:30 pm Mass itself.
Religious Education begins with elementary (2-5 grade) either September 15 or 17. Junior High is beginning with Parent/Student orientation on Sunday September 20, Primary (pre-school, kindergarten and 1st grade, Sunday September 27. Youth Group has a “back to school bash” at Mary Lou’s on Wednesday, September 2 from 6-8 PM.
Be sure to check out the Catholic News Service tab and find out more on the Pope designating Sept. 1 as World Day of Prayer for Care of Creation
- V. Rev. William J. Turner Ph.D., KCHS, Pastor
- Thomas Franklin, Deacon
- D. Michael Martin, Deacon
- Richard Shaneyfelt, Senior Deacon
- Marita Martin, Director of Religious Education
- Mary Lou Hahn-Setta, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
- Mary Underwood, Business Manager
- Jenny Haroney, Religious Ed. Secretary
- Beth Ewald, Secretary
- Helen Bulick, Secretary
About St. Mary
St. Mary Parish is a vibrant faith community located in the southeastern Michigan City of Chelsea. The city proper has a population of approximately 4500. The immediate area, roughly comprised by the 120 square mile school district, has over 16,500 residents. In 2013, there are 1155 families registered at St. Mary Parish.
Sunday 8:00AM & 10:00AM
Daily Mass 9:00AM
Mass at Chelsea Community Hospital
on Wednesday 4:00PM
Confessions: Saturday Noon - 1:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursday 9:00AM until Friday 9:00AM
14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118-1124
Office 734.475.7561 Fax 734.475.3207