We the people of God of the Parish of St. Mary, Chelsea,
are a faith community guided by the Holy Spirit,
Christ made present in our time and place.
As the visible Body of Christ we are called to make God's light shine
through us in love, in service, in worship, in celebration,
in education, in guidance and in healing.
The Witness to Hope Campaign continues and we are in need of a five year commitment from our parishioners in support of our Parish and Diocese. I would like to thank the 107 families who have pledged $375,875.00 which 65% of our goal. However, we still need the support of every household for this to be a success and we have much work to be done in order to reach our target goal of 573,500 dollars.
- The Feast of The Ascension of The Lord is transferred to the weekend Masses on May 27 & May 28
- The Knights of Columbus are hosting the Holy Family Icon for the next six weeks. The Icon is in the Chapel on display. We encourage all to stop and pray for families.
- CANADA & OKTOBERFEST: October 9–14, 2017 You’re invited on an exciting 6-Day tour of Canada (Part II!) This trip includes round trip travel on a luxury motor coach from Chelsea, Michigan; a professional Corporate Travel Tour Manager; hotel accommodations in Niagara, Toronto, and Kitchener; and other tour highlights including a Niagara River cruise, a wine-tasting at Two Sisters Vineyard, a matinee performance of Romeo & Juliet, Oktoberfest, the CN Tower in Toronto and so much more! Pick-up a brochure in the office for more details.
- Thomas Franklin, Deacon
- D. Michael Martin, Deacon
- Richard Shaneyfelt, Senior Deacon
- Marita Martin, Director of Religious Education
- Mary Lou Hahn-Setta, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
- Mary Underwood, Business Manager
- Jenny Haroney, Religious Ed. Secretary
- Beth Ewald, Secretary
- Helen Bulick, Secretary
- Anne Marie Merenda, Music Minister
About St. Mary
St. Mary Parish is a vibrant faith community located in the southeastern Michigan City of Chelsea. The city proper has a population of approximately 4500. The immediate area, roughly comprised by the 120 square mile school district, has over 16,500 residents. In 2017, there are 1155 families registered at St. Mary Parish.
Sunday 8:00AM & 10:00AM
Daily Mass 9:00AM
Mass at Chelsea Community Hospital
on Wednesday 4:00PM
Confessions: Saturday Noon - 1:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursday 9:00AM until Friday 9:00AM
14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118-1124
Office 734.475.7561 Fax 734.475.3207