We the people of God of the Parish of St. Mary, Chelsea,
are a faith community guided by the Holy Spirit,
Christ made present in our time and place.
As the visible Body of Christ we are called to make God's light shine
through us in love, in service, in worship, in celebration,
in education, in guidance and in healing.
“I have proclaimed an Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy as a special time for the Church,
a time when the witness of believers might grow stronger and more effective.”
- Pope Francis, Misericordiae Vultus
- We welcome our new full time Music Minister, Anne Marie Merenda. Anne Marie, her husband and children live in Canton. She takes on this important role to develop the sacred music program in our parish, to direct all choirs, work with our religious education program and assist in all liturgical planning. She will, of course, be looking for new choir members to come forward. She is an accomplished organist and choir director. She will begin her work here on Tuesday, but will not be here at Mass until the weekend after next. This is a new long desired development for our parish!
- St. Mary Parish Picnic will take place on Sunday, September 11th following 10am Mass. Join us in the parish hall for chicken prepared by our Knights of Columbus. We will provide all the food, come and enjoy! There will be a bounce house for the kids and Colors the Clown. Hope to see you there!
- CROSS of MERCY is in the Gathering Space. Small slips of paper are provided for you to share your expressions of mercy to others or how mercy has been extended to you. After writing it down, you can roll it up, tie it with a ribbon, and place it in the cross. You may do this as often as you like. Our goal is to fill this cross with your “Mercy Moments” and to share these stories with others.
- Join the Novena for the Persecuted Church & Religious Freedom visit http://www.praymorenovenas.com/novena-for-persecuted-church-and-religious-freedom and start praying now.
- Thomas Franklin, Deacon
- D. Michael Martin, Deacon
- Richard Shaneyfelt, Senior Deacon
- Marita Martin, Director of Religious Education
- Mary Lou Hahn-Setta, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
- Mary Underwood, Business Manager
- Jenny Haroney, Religious Ed. Secretary
- Beth Ewald, Secretary
- Helen Bulick, Secretary
- Anne Marie Merenda, Music Minister
About St. Mary
St. Mary Parish is a vibrant faith community located in the southeastern Michigan City of Chelsea. The city proper has a population of approximately 4500. The immediate area, roughly comprised by the 120 square mile school district, has over 16,500 residents. In 2016, there are 1155 families registered at St. Mary Parish.
Sunday 8:00AM & 10:00AM
Daily Mass 9:00AM
Mass at Chelsea Community Hospital
on Wednesday 4:00PM
Confessions: Saturday Noon - 1:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursday 9:00AM until Friday 9:00AM
14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118-1124
Office 734.475.7561 Fax 734.475.3207