We the people of God of the Parish of St. Mary, Chelsea,
are a faith community guided by the Holy Spirit,
Christ made present in our time and place.
As the visible Body of Christ we are called to make God's light shine
through us in love, in service, in worship, in celebration,
in education, in guidance and in healing.
“I have proclaimed an Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy as a special time for the Church,
a time when the witness of believers might grow stronger and more effective.”
- Pope Francis, Misericordiae Vultus
- St. Mary will be collecting items for Faith In Action during the month of October. Leave your donations in the Gathering Space. Thank you for all your help and support.
- Holy Hour for our Nation: St. Mary will be hosting a Holy Hour for 9 weeks to pray for our country. The Holy Hour will begin at 7pm in our church on Thursday and continue through Thursday, November 10. There will be Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, Scripture reflection, & Rosary. All are welcome to join us for these Holy Hours for our Nation .
- Click here for the USCCB guidelines for voting http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/faithful-citizenship/dos-and-donts-guidelines-during-election-season.cfm
- We strongly urge all parishioners to register, to become informed on key issues, and to vote. The Church does not support or oppose any candidate, but seeks to focus attention on the moral and human dimensions of issues. We do not authorize the distribution of partisan political materials on parish property.
- CROSS of MERCY is in the Gathering Space. Small slips of paper are provided for you to share your expressions of mercy to others or how mercy has been extended to you. After writing it down, you can roll it up, tie it with a ribbon, and place it in the cross. You may do this as often as you like. Our goal is to fill this cross with your “Mercy Moments” and to share these stories with others.
- Thomas Franklin, Deacon
- D. Michael Martin, Deacon
- Richard Shaneyfelt, Senior Deacon
- Marita Martin, Director of Religious Education
- Mary Lou Hahn-Setta, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
- Mary Underwood, Business Manager
- Jenny Haroney, Religious Ed. Secretary
- Beth Ewald, Secretary
- Helen Bulick, Secretary
- Anne Marie Merenda, Music Minister
About St. Mary
St. Mary Parish is a vibrant faith community located in the southeastern Michigan City of Chelsea. The city proper has a population of approximately 4500. The immediate area, roughly comprised by the 120 square mile school district, has over 16,500 residents. In 2016, there are 1155 families registered at St. Mary Parish.
Sunday 8:00AM & 10:00AM
Daily Mass 9:00AM
Mass at Chelsea Community Hospital
on Wednesday 4:00PM
Confessions: Saturday Noon - 1:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursday 9:00AM until Friday 9:00AM
14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118-1124
Office 734.475.7561 Fax 734.475.3207