Click the link below to observe the September 19th, 2020 mass,
25th Sunday in Ordinary Time https://youtu.be/WUDSS-2ea7k
CONFESSIONS Saturdays @ Noon
WEEKEND MASS TIMES
Saturday~4:30pm Sunday ~8am & 10am
FISH AND CHIP DINNER
Saturday, September 26th, 2020, beginning at 11am. Drive-Thru Only, near the parish hall. Dinner includes full meal, $10 each. Serving until sold out, so come early.
Restrictions are in place & need to be followed when attending Mass
- Must Hand Sanitize upon arrival
- Must wear face masks at all time
- Sit in designated pews
- No holding hands during the Our Father
- No contact during the Sign of Peace
Below you will find the Diocese of Lansing Statement on the organization Black Lives Matter
As mandated by the teachings of Jesus Christ and his Holy Church, the diocese of Lansing categorically opposes the wickedness that is racism wherever it is to be found. Indeed, the foundation of Catholic social teaching is the infinite worth and intrinsic dignity of each and every human person, from conception to natural death; hence, black lives matter. Thus, the Catholic community across the United States has always stood in solidarity with anybody who peacefully pursues this just and noble cause.
That said, the diocese cannot give its corporate endorsement to the organization Black Lives Matter. As set out in its "What We Believe" statement, many of its policy declarations are inimical to a Catholic understanding of human dignity, personal happiness and the common good, most notably the organization's stance on matters relating to marriage, the family and human sexuality, including its promotion of a transgender ideology.
Many of the parishes, clergy and lay faithful across the diocese of Lansing are currently undertook six weeks of prayer and fasting in order to seek peace, justice and reconciliation for all the peoples of the United States in the lead-up to the anniversary of the death of Venerable Augustus Tolton (1854–1897), a former slave who became the first black priest in the United States, in recognition that the solution to all the ills of our dear, yet divided, nation lie in earnestly bringing our fears, our hopes, our anger, our tears, to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Click on the link below to see our upcoming live stream Face Book events
If you are able, please switch to online giving. The link for We Share, our online giving site is https://stmarychelsea.weshareonline.org.
We care about our parishioners, please call us if you need any assistance at 734-475-7561.
Upcoming event changes at St. Mary:
- Monthly Family Catechesis information has been mailed out. The Youth Community will resume meeting in masks & socially distanced on Sunday, September 13.
- Sunday Night Adult Education is paused.
- Monday Evening Bible Study is meeting at the porch.
- Wednesday Bible & Psalm Studies are paused.
- All groups (i.e. Scouts, CAP, Cap Jr) will not meet at St. Mary.
- No Mass at the hospital on Wednesdays.
- No Masses at Silver Maples or CRC.
- No home visits.
- Follow us on Facebook (St. Mary of Chelsea) and Twitter (@StMaryChelsea)!
We the people of God of the Parish of St. Mary, Chelsea,
are a faith community guided by the Holy Spirit,
Christ made present in our time and place.
As the visible Body of Christ we are called to make God's light shine
through us in love, in service, in worship, in celebration,
in education, in guidance, in prayer and in healing.
- Thomas Franklin, Deacon
- D. Michael Martin, Deacon
- Wayne Slomiany, Deacon
- Richard Shaneyfelt, Senior Deacon
- Marita Martin, Director of Religious Education
- Mary Lou Hahn-Setta, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
- Ryan Houle, Youth Minister
- Steve Hinz, Music Minister
- Beth Ewald, Business Manager
- Jenny Haroney, Religious Ed. Secretary
- Beth Wenzel, Office Secretary
About St. Mary
St. Mary Parish is a vibrant faith community located in the southeastern Michigan City of Chelsea. The city proper has a population of approximately 5400. The immediate area, roughly comprised by the 120 square mile school district, has over 16,500 residents. In 2020, there are 1175 families registered at St. Mary Parish.
Sunday 8:00AM & 10:00AM
Daily Mass 9:00AM
Mass at Chelsea Community Hospital Has Been Suspended
Confessions: Saturday Noon - 1:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Thursdays starting @ 9:30AM
14200 East Old U.S. Hwy. 12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118-1124
Office 734.475.7561 Fax 734.475.3207
Email [email protected]