The Cemetery Board oversees the maintenance of the two cemeteries belonging to St. Mary. The original, Mt. Calvary Cemetery, is in Sylvan Township next to the site of the original church. New burials are no longer permitted there but the grounds continue to be maintained. Mt. Olivet Cemetery is in the city. Larry Doll is responsible for the day-to-day operations which include maintenance of all the grounds, the selling of lots and all record keeping.
Contact Larry Doll by phone, 734-260-1540 or via email, [email protected].
Mt. Olivet Cemetery is located at 1390 North Freer Road, Chelsea, Michigan 48118
Below you will find the Mt. Olivet Regulations: Click here to view it in document form
1. No plantings of trees or shrubs are allowed without the prior
written permission the Cemetery Sexton and the Maintenance
2. Only 2 (two) eight-inch or ten-inch ceramic or plastic pots
are allowed per lot on the side of the monument during the
period of May 1 to September 15.
3. Cut flowers in metal containers are permitted.
4. Artificial flowers, wreaths and grave blankets are permitted
from November 1 to April 1 only.
5. Glass containers and Christmas Trees are not permitted.
6. Landscaping stones are not allowed.
7. Unauthorized, unsightly, neglected decorations and plantings
will be removed.
8. Please use trash barrels to dispose of flowers and decorations.
9. Flower beds are allowed only if they do not exceed the width
and depth of the monument.
10. Above ground upright monuments are not allowed on either
side of the Sacred Heart Shrine and Alter.
11. Dogs are not allowed, except on a leash. Please pick up after
12. Solar lights are not permitted.
13. Shepherd hooks and plant hangers are not permitted.
14. Perennial Plantings are not permitted.
15. Mt Olivet Catholic Cemetery is closed from dusk to dawn